1. Duration Of EWP Over 11 Meter Elevated Work Platform Unit Of Competency
Applicants start time is 7am Monday to Friday BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL, initial training session
is approximately 6-8 hours depending on class size, applicants aptitude and experience. All aspects of EWP, elevated work
platform unit of competency must be completed to a satisfactory level before an assessment will take place.
2. EWP 11 Meter And Over Elevated Work Platform Training Course Content.
- Introduction EWP training aid video, verbal discussion of previous experience.
- Pre start
safety checks, and correct use of the EWP yellow log book.
- Practical demonstration on relevant serviced EWP machinery.
management, planning and preparing work for EWP.
- OHS regulations and duty of care for the safe use of Elevating work
- Correct procedures for setting up, operating and shutting down EWP machines.
3. Duration Of EWP Over 11 Meter Elevating Work Platform Unit Of Competency
Depending on class sizes, applicants aptitude and experience, assessments duration is another 6 to
8 Hours. Assessments take place only if applicant satisfactorily show competence and applies themselves to study Work Cover
EWP, elevating work platform instrument supplied by Jack Australia this is why we recommend a minimum of 7
to 10 days after initial training session, to absorb theoretical information required for assessment, we also recommend to
perform EWP practical knowledge as demonstrated on initial training day during this period, to assist the applicant when assessed.
Start time is usually 8am Monday to Friday, when a Work Cover assessor is available. Applicants will be informed
approximately 48 hours prior to assessment to confirm there readiness. ALL ASSESSMENTS ARE PERFORMED BY A INDEPENDENT
WORK COVER ASSESSOR. All aspects of EWP Elevating Work Platform Unit of Competency must be completed to a satisfactory
level during assessment, or FAILURE IS A POSSIBILITY.
4. EWP 11 Meter And Over Elevating Work Platform Practical And Theory Topics
To Be Assessed.
- Safety when operating a EWP.
- Safety equipment required for use on elevating work platforms.
with site personnel.
- Safe procedures when operating a EWP.
- Working near power lines.
- Identifying hazards.
- EWP set up procedures.
- Daily site job planning.
- Correct use of the (EDD) emergency
- Correct assistance during escape procedures.
- EWP Pre operational checks.
- After start
- Shutting down of EWP.
- Correct use of the service EWP log book.
- Mobilising and maneuvering
- Using chemicals.
- EWP night work.
5. Process Upon Successful Completion Of EWP Boom Type 11 Meter And Over Elevating
Work Platform Unit Of Competency.
Upon successful completion of EWP training, and Work Platform assessment the Work Cover assessor will
provide you with a assessment summary form (AS-1). This form will be valid as a temporary licence for a maximum period of
14 days. Once you receive the nationally recognised "Statement Of Attainment" for the use of EWP, boom type elevating
workplatforms 11 meters and above, will replace form (AS-1) and will become your temporary licence for a period of 60 days
DO NOT MISPLACE EITHER FORM (AS-1) OR STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT FOR EWP, BOOM TYPE ELEVATING WORK PLATFORMS 11 METERS AND
OVER. Once the applicant has received the statement of attainment, along with form (AS-1) you will need to take both
these documents to participating Australia Post Office's, with your 100 points of ID, along with a passport size photo
of the applicant. The Australia Post Office will request applicant to fill out an additional form (F-1), and on applicants
behalf will forward documentation to relevant authority for processing of your licence and sent to nominated address. Failing
to lodge documentation with in specified period, may render your licence INVALID, and EWP training and assessment will
need to be undertaken and paid in full again.
EWP Work Platform Over 11
EWP machinery supplied is serviced as required and in
excellent working order. We have specific EWP, elevated work platforms dedicated for EWP training and seldom hired,
giving you confidence that work platform will be available on the day needed on both your training and assessment